I'm Torn

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas has come and gone, thank goodness! Its not my favorite holiday of the year. I'm more of a Labor Day kind of person. No unhealthy fattening dinner to plan. No bazillion dollars to spend on gifts. But seeing as I am required to participate, we spent Christmas at out cabin in Hunter Creek, Arizona. My mom, dad, sister and her family all came and squeezed into the cabin. Since the remodel was done, our square footage has doubled and so it wasn't so bad with 14 people and 3 dogs in 3,000 square feet. On the 24th, my mom and sister put up the tree. Someone commented that it really felt like Christmas with all the snow, the fire and putting up the tree on Christmas Eve. Then my mom told us that it was actually the poor people long ago who waited until Christmas Eve to buy a tree because the trees were extremely cheap or free the night before Christmas.
















It sleeted and snowed outside and we all complained how cold it was, after all, we are used to the temperature being 115 degrees. No doubt this summer we will be complaining how hot it is! But the snow and sleet made it beautiful.



Ahhh, isn't it picturesque?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kari! Your cabin is beautiful. How fun. So now that you know people are reading this I hope you don't lose your honesty. I know how you feel about the fighting. My kids are getting there. I'm sick of being the mediator. I often just tell them to take it outside. By the time they get there, they've forgotten what they were fighting about. I don't think that will work for long though. They'll be gone before we know. At least that's what everyone keeps telling me and I hope its true. I'll try to enjoy it now while I can. Have a great day! Let me know what you've been up to.

The Candlands said...

Hey! I didn't know you had a blog! I just went to see if anyone followed my blog and I saw your name! How are you?!

The Staker Family said...

This doesn't have anything to do with Christmas, but this morning my girls were all playing and they got on a Magic Carpet and rode it to Emily's house. I thought that was pretty funny.